• Designed for heavy duty touring
• Extra frame strut for additional support when using panniers
• Welded, oversize 12mm gauge aluminum rod ensures long lasting durability
• Designed for 26” and 700c frames
• Fits both wide and narrow tires
• 625 grams
• 40lbs/18.2kg carrying capacity
• Available in 2 colors
Quality Value Price
A good short tour rack The EX-2 Rack came as standard on my Ridgeback Voyage 2012 model. I decided to keep the rack for my first tour, which was a short 3 day tour from just south of Paris to the UK Kent coast.
The rack was loaded with two 15Lt Panniers and my two man Sierra 1 tent. From the start the rack handled the load with out flinching. At no time was there any wobble or feeling of unsteadiness even at speed around bends and corners in the road.
My only concern is with the choice of aluminium as this may cause problems with any maintenance on longer tours in more remote places, but for a rack for European tours, you will be hard pressed to find better for the price.
Review by Simon Booton-Mander (Posted on 8/22/12)